Who is Missouri HCADV?
- Healthcare providers and professionals
- Domestic violence advocates
- Survivors of violence
- And anyone else who is interested in raising awareness about domestic violence in healthcare settings and using the incredible potential of healthcare providers to plant the seed— To connect with violence survivors, help them find safety, and help them to heal.
What is Missouri HCADV for?
- To share evidence-based information on domestic violence and its impact on health
- To share information on local, regional, and national training/continuing education opportunities about domestic violence for providers, advocates, and students
- To increase our individual capacity (and that of our organizations) to address domestic violence and help survivors
- To network with other people in our state and learn from each other.
Missouri HCADV is grass-roots and all-volunteer.
What you can do right away:
- Join us! Follow this blog, find us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/groups/238536059547786/ and/or contact us at m i s s o u r i h c a d v@g m a i l. c o m (remove the spaces). We want to talk to you!
- If you’re on campus— as a health professional student or as faculty– join the national HCADV listserv and have a look at their campus organizing guide: http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/content/action_center/detail/1131
- Help it grow! Share information about Missouri HCADV with at least one other person today!